TOFU AND CHICKEN BURGER
Our first healthy recipe idea is TOFU AND CHICKEN BURGER!
Tofu is super popular in Japan and now you can find easily in US super market too. Tofu is made from soy beans and great sauce of protein. Also, it has lower calories than meat so it is nice to use as meat alternative or you can mix with meat to lower the whole calories if you are aiming to lower your calorie intake.
Let’s get in to the recipe!
1/2 lb ground chicken or ground turkey
1/4 lb tofu
1 tea spoon grated ginger
1 tea spoon potato or corn starch
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup frozen edamame thawed
2 table spoon soy sauce
2 table spoon mirin
2 table spoon sugar
2 table spoon water
- Drain excess water from tofu (wrap tofu with paper towel and gently squeeze tofu)
- Put all patty ingredients in a bowl and mix all together with hands
- Foam hamburg patty approx. 2 inches round, garnish with thawed edamame
- Heat non-stick frying pan with 1 table spoon oil, cook patties for about 5 minutes over medium heat, then turn over parties, cover with lid, cook medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a large pan, put all sauce ingredients and stir about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Place all cooked patties into sauce, simmer about 10 minutes over low heat.
- Put the patty and lettuce, tomatoes, pickles… (anything you would like) between buns.
You can make it a burger or just eat it without buns as hamburg. If you maker the hamburg small, it can also be a great dish to put in to your bento lunch!
Hope you will like the recipe 😊